Instructions for over/under calculators, and that with the Asian handicap
The over/under calculators, and that with the Asian handicap are two indispensable instruments for trading with the bets and obtaining significant yields in percentage terms.
Instructions for use:
Using the calculators is fairly intuitive.
The grey-coloured cells are the data entry cells, and the first “free text” column is a column of free entry in which may be inserted, for example – as a reminder- the name of the bookmaker.
You can also indicate if that we are playing that quota on an exchange site; in that case you must also indicate the commission % and check the relative box.
Insert the highest quotas for the various bet types and the calculation spreadsheet will analyse, from the innumerable inserted schemes, the one with the highest yield percentage and automatically indicate how to allocate the amounts for the various selections.
Betting types and abbreviations
- Under/Over: We have already talked about this type of betting in the relative article. It will be indicated with Under or Over and the number of goals
- Asian Handicap (AH). Already abundantly discussed in the relative article. It will be indicated with AH and the handicap value in parenthesis. For example AH1(+0,25) to indicate that the home team will be given a 0.25 goal advantage.
- European Handicap (EH). It is also called 1X2 with handicap or simply traditional handicap. In this case, as in the classic 1X2 bet, you must predict the outcome of the match, choosing a home team win (marked with a 1), a tie (marked with an X), an away team win (marked with a 2) considering the handicap.
The favourite team will be given a handicap that must be considered in order to determine the winning outcome. That is, as a handicap, the number of goals predicted will be added to the goals scored by the non-favoured team.
It is indicated by EH followed by the handicap value in parenthesis.
For example EH1(-1) indicates that the bet will win if the home team (marked by 1) will win with at least 2 scrap goals.
EHX(-1) indicates, rather, that a bet on a tie (marked by X) will win only if the favoured team wins exactly with one scrap goal.
Unlike Asian handicap bets, in 1X2-type bets with a handicap there is never a refund.
- Draw no bet (DNB): Literally the tie is no bet, It is a type of bet in which you can bet only on the win of one or the other team. In case of a tie, the bet will be refunded, hence the name.
Bookmaker adopt different nomenclatures and symbols to indicate the various bets of their schedule, perhaps giving preference to Asian handicap bets over other types, of which ere are some examples of equivalent bets:
- AH1(-0,5) is the same as betting on mark 1
- AH2(-0,5) is the same as betting on mark 2
- AH1(0) is the same as DNB1. In both cases, actually, there is a refund in case of a tie, and the same goes for AH2(0)
- Double chance 1X is the same as AH1(+0,5) and the same goes for X2 which is the same as AH2(+0,5).
Bookmakers specialised in Asian Handicap
Given the importance of the Asian handicap type bets, it is important to point out that the best bookmakers specialised in this type of bets such as bet365.