Rules for various sports
Although it may appear simple trading bets, there are several things that you should know to avoid falling into traps and losing apparently safe bets. In particular, you need to pay attention to the regulations set by bookmakers in some sports
Specifically, you need to be careful that your wager is not considered void by a certain bookmaker and is instead valid at another, an outcome could be... we can be lucky (winning at the bookmaker that considered our wager valid and getting a refund from the one that considered our wager void) or unlucky (losing at the bookmaker that considered our wager valid and only getting a refund from the other).
If a wager is considered void, one has the right, in fact, to a refund of the bet.
Sports for which bookmakers adopt different regulations regarding validity are:
Regulations can be divided into 5 categories:
1. All wagers are nullified if the match finishes early/unexpectedly
2. The match has to begin
3. At least one bet must be made
4. All wagers are valid as soon as the first set is completed
5. All wagers are valid as soon as the two sets are completed
MLB Wagering Rules has four means of wagering on the sides of a baseball game: Action, Listed, Bettor’s and Opposing.
1. If ACTION is selected, it will make no difference whether the listed pitchers start or not for either given team AND the bettor's price may change if there is in fact an alteration in one or both of the listed pitchers. Regardless of the price change or the pitcher change, the bettor has ACTION. The bettor will receive an email of that price change if has selected this service.
2. If LISTED is selected, both listed pitchers must start in order for the bet to be active; otherwise, there is no action and the bettor is refunded his wager.
3. If BETTORS is selected, the pitcher for the team chosen must start for the wager to be active. If he does not, the wager is refunded. If the opposing team’s listed pitcher does not start, the price may be adjusted, and the bettor may receive an email to confirm this change. He will still have Action however.
4. If OPPOSING is selected, the pitcher for the team NOT selected must start for the wager to be active. If he does not, the wager is refunded. If the bettor’s team’s listed pitcher does not start, the price may be adjusted, and the bettor may receive an 8 to confirm this change. He will still have Action however.
All totals are always LISTED.
All Run-Line wagers are always LISTED.
In ice-hockey matches, the key thing to be aware of is whether or not extra-time is included at the end of the game. Regulations at some bookmakers include extra-time, others don’t. It is therefore advisable to verify whether the bookmakers used adopt the same rules.